Saturday, January 11, 2014

52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks Challenge: Accepted!

Every time I log into my ancestry.com account I always check the sidebar for recently added blogs and yesterday I stumbled upon one called "The 52 Ancestors Challenge". I was intrigued so I decided to read the post and find out what exactly it was about.

The 52 Ancestors Challenge Post

I was excited to read that Amy Johnson Crow was challenging the genealogical community to post about 1 ancestor every week creating this 52 Ancestors Challenge. Amy Johnson Crow states "So to challenge myself and others to write at least once a week, I started the 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks Challenge. The premise: write about one ancestor each week this year. It could be a story, a photograph, a document, a pesky research problem - anything, as long as it involves one ancestor. The next week, write about another ancestor." So I decided to accept this challenge! I think it would be a great way to focus across various different lines each week and it will force me to write at least once each week. That way when the year is over I'll hopefully have 52 different posts about different 52 ancestors! I know I've written probably extensively about certain ancestors through the few years I've been writing but hopefully I won't have to repeat their stories.

52 Ancestors Challenge ACCEPTED!

Hopefully this post will serve as a place to keep all of my links for future reference so I'll try and update this page as I continue to write throughout the year. I'll probably continue to post about other things as well outside of this challenge but I am very excited to get started! Luckily I caught this on early and won't have to play catch up too much! This is also a great way to "Cousin Bait" which I didn't know was a term until I read it in one of Amy's posts. Ultimately these posts will hopefully help us find other cousins out there (which happened to me with one post about two years now!) If you have also accepted the challenge, best of luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment